🔻 About the Festival
With regards to Asian contemporary vocal music, Vocal Asia Festival (VAF) is the biggest A Cappella music festival in Asia, including a competition, workshops, master classes, open stages and concerts. Exhibiting the diversity of Asian music, VAF sets itself as a "moving festival”, traveling between different cities around Asia. VAF has been held in Taipei (Taiwan), Shenzhen (China), Taoyuan (Taiwan), Gwangju (Korea), Shanghai (China), Taitung (Taiwan), Hong Kong, Hsinchu (Taiwan) and Kagawa (Japan) from 2011 to 2019.
This year, the festival will go virtual! We invite the international aca-awesome instructors, and host master classes from August 14 to August 15. Moreover, we gather all the talented A Cappella groups from the world and stream the concert- VAF Cloud Gala on August 21. The 10th VAF, via singing, connects all the Aca lovers not only in Taiwan but also worldwide.
Please visit VAF website for workshop schedule:
🔻 Instructions for online workshops
All workshops are taught in English, and use the Zoom as the main platform.
1. Participants should download the Zoom software before the workshop.
2. The workshop links will be sent by email on 10 August (GMT+8).
3. Participants can stay in the waiting room 10 minutes before the workshop starts.
4. Please disable your audio function during the workshop. If you have any questions about the lesson or operation, please type a message in the chatting room to the host or all participants.
5. Your Screen Name on Zoom will be the identification to enter the meeting room. Please leave your screen name correctly in the following form or it may affect your rights.
6. SPECIALLY FOR 2-DAYS PASS: After workshops, VAF will upload the recordings of all workshops and provide the private links to the 2-Days Pass participants at 12pm on 16 August. The replay video will be available to review from 12pm on 16 August to 8 pm on 21 August.
🔻 Application & Payment
1. Registration starts from 28 June, 2021 to 30 July, 2021.
2. Please note that the price does not include handling fees, and it is not refundable.
1. All the time mentioned is set in Taiwan Standard Time (GMT+8).
2. All workshops are taught in English.
3. Participants should prepare required equipment, a stable Internet connection and download the video software/ application before the workshop. Vocal Asia is not responsible for any issues related to the software and participants should read all descriptions and understand related risks.
4. Vocal Asia reverses the right of final decision in case of any disputes.
5. Participants may not make their login information open to the public and share with others.
6. Participants are not allowed to carry out photography and filming during the workshops.
7. Vocal Asia will conduct video and photo shooting during the activities. The participants, their guardians, organization agree Vocal Asia reserve the right to use the participant’s visual material(s) during his/her participation in Vocal Asia activities – including any images, video, text, event photos, poster, graphics or audio - for the purpose of promoting Vocal Asia and replay workshop videos. This may include placing his/her visual material(s) in any media (include but not limited to publications, websites, Facebook and in promotional materials), without receiving any remuneration or indemnity.